Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4508
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

we have an envy 4508 connected via wifi to a Windows 10 Laptop (x64).

We have downloaded and installed the latest available drivers from HP and printing in general works from LibreOffice, WordPad or Firefox (normal web pages).

But there is one situation when printing fails and we don't know why: If we try to print an accounting information from the bank account, the print job is visible in the printer queue of windows but it stucks and blocks other jobs from being printed. The only way to get the printer back to work again is restarting the printer spool service and deleting the print job from the queue (which sounds easier than it actually is...).

We already ran this "Print Doctor" application provided by HP but it does not help at all.

Is this a known problem?

Is it related to the driver or more likely a problem of that particular web page / print job?

How can I get more information about what exactly is going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @pderichs,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I noticed that you have problems printing a printing bank statement in Firefox. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like a problem with the website, plug-in or browser.

Try printing from other browsers like Internet Explorer, FireFox or Google Chrome.

• What were the results?

If the issue persists, I recommend resetting your internet browser settings.

Reset your Internet Explorer browser settings

1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

7. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.

8. Close Internet Explorer.

Source

Reset your Firefox browser settings

1. Type about:config in the Address Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
  2. Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
  3. Right-click (context-click) that preference and select Reset. (Some users may need to reset all the print.printer preferences for a particular printer, if resetting this one master preference doesn't solve the problem.)
  4. Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.

Source

Reset your Google Chrome browser settings

1.  In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu
  2.  Select Settings.
  3.  At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4.  Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  5.  In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

Source

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @pderichs,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I noticed that you have problems printing a printing bank statement in Firefox. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like a problem with the website, plug-in or browser.

Try printing from other browsers like Internet Explorer, FireFox or Google Chrome.

• What were the results?

If the issue persists, I recommend resetting your internet browser settings.

Reset your Internet Explorer browser settings

1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

7. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.

8. Close Internet Explorer.

Source

Reset your Firefox browser settings

1. Type about:config in the Address Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
  2. Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
  3. Right-click (context-click) that preference and select Reset. (Some users may need to reset all the print.printer preferences for a particular printer, if resetting this one master preference doesn't solve the problem.)
  4. Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.

Source

Reset your Google Chrome browser settings

1.  In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu
  2.  Select Settings.
  3.  At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4.  Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  5.  In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

Source

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Resetting the printer settings via the about:config page in Firefox solved the issue.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.