Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5030
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I bought a new envy 5030 a few months ago. Install was good on my macbook pro and I used it several times with no issues Then, last week the program just locked up ever time I tried to open it. Nothing had been unplugged, dropped or otherwise changed since initial install.

Un installed software and reinstalled a few different times, same problem. Colored wheel just keeps spinning around.

Just tried again, but now HP site says 'no devises found that match search criteria' when I have to select the product.

How can they not recognize one of there own printers?!?!?

So now I can't even load the drivers from HP site, this thing is useless to me.

Ready to throw this in the garbage and go get another brand that works!!!

Anyone had the same problem? Anyone know a fix??

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BRYJ, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check the connectivity between the printer and the MAC by Performing a ping test

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon https://support.hp.com/wps/hp-skp-portlets/document/attachments/162/c02131772.gif  on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss, if 0% loss, proceed to the next step

Install the printer on your MAC using AirPrint driver

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, can I please check if the hp 5030 still works fine with your Mac OS Mojave operating system as I’m in the process of returning the hp m254dw due to connectivity issues so was wondering if this printer prints wirelessly properly. Thanks 

HP Recommended

@aaharis, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw is compatible with macOS Mojave and is also Airprint enabled. 

• Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

On the printer, go to Setup > Network setup > Restore defaults

Go back to Network setup > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard > Choose your network

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Once the printer is connected to the network, check the connectivity between the printer and the MAC

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.

If you get 0% loss, you may install the printer using AirPrint driver.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KUMAR0307

Thanks for your reply. I've already given my m254dw printer back sadly due to the common issues listed.

I'm looking at the HP envy 5030 now but before I order it I want to know if it works properly on Mojave or even on Mac OS Catalina as it has just come out .  2 one star reviews on Apple's website doesn't fill me with very much confidence as I need it purely for wireless colour printing as I've already got a wired LaserJet P1006. Thanks

Apple : https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HLUC2ZM/A/hp-envy-5030-all-in-one-printer

HP Recommended

@aaharis

HP ENVY 5030 All-in-One Printer is compatible with macOS 10.14 and 10.15. For more info on the printer or Product Specifications, click here

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.