2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ENVY 5530 - Printer Not Found During Setup

ENVY 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my ENVY 5530 printer, but during setup it says the printer cannot be found on the network. 

I'm attempting to connect wirelessly. I've confirmed that both my printer and computer are on the same wireless network. Here's the IP address of each:

Computer: 192.168.1.107

Printer: 192.168.1.118

I downloaded the HP Print and Scan doctor, which also couldn't find my printer. I tried using the troubleshooting downloaded by the setup wizard and went through all the troubleshooting steps without success.

I've restarted the computer, printer, & router, I've tried disabling my firewall, and I've restored the printer to the default settings several times. 

If anyone could offer help in connecting to the printer during setup, it would be very appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,538 3,436
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you using the wireless setup wizard from the front panel?

0 Kudos
fab4arsnl
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I am. I've tried entering it both ways: with the IP address and with the hostname. No luck either way.
0 Kudos
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,538 3,436
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Print out the reports and post them here.

To check network configuration or print wireless test report
1. From the Home screen, touch the Wireless icon, and then touch Settings.
2. Touch the down arrow to scroll through options. Touch Display Network Configuration or Print
Wireless Test Report.

0 Kudos
Level 3 MT-8
Level 3
41 40 0 4
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

you might want to watch the below video to set a static IP address to your printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEqvUKxWmq4

Hope this helps.

Printer offline issues can happen because the IP address of the printer keeps changing. This video explains how that can happen and what to do to fix it. For more tech tips, check out http://www.linearthoughts.co.uk .
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation