Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet GT 5820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I lost my HP DeskJet GT 5820 EWS Username & Password. I tried the reset method, cancel button + wifi button, but it doesn't help. I need to go to the login page of the printer to change some settings but it asks for username and password. Kindly Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Astronac

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, you do not have Username and Password for your printer, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

What happens when you perform a network reset?

Did you change the default username and password?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Perform Firmware Update: Follow steps from the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

To download Firmware, click here.

If the issue persists, please perform a reset:

I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Astronac

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, you do not have Username and Password for your printer, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

What happens when you perform a network reset?

Did you change the default username and password?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Perform Firmware Update: Follow steps from the link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

To download Firmware, click here.

If the issue persists, please perform a reset:

I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, kind Sir, Your private message helped me.!

Thanks!
Cheers:)

HP Recommended

@Astronac

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved 😉

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us 🙂

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

HP Recommended

Good Day

can i asked how to solve this problem.coz we're the same problem..

Hello, I lost my HP DeskJet GT 5820 EWS Username & Password. I tried the reset method, cancel button + wifi button, but it doesn't help. I need to go to the login page of the printer to change some settings but it asks for username and password. Kindly Help.

HP Recommended

Hello , 

I am facing the same problem can you send me the same private message 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Knassim

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

May i know what was the solution provided to Astronac via Private Message. I have the same issue with my Deskjet GT 5820

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.