Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Easy Scan
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I read the edited posting by ‎01-30-2020 03:21 AM by HP Admin  that "01-28-2020 UPDATE:  macOS Catalina 10.15.3 contains the fix for this issue", (Easy Scan incompatibility) . I have a MacBook Pro (2019) 16" that was shipped with Catalina 10.15.3 already installed and just bought an HP 7864 printer. Easy Scan stalls out during the installation process and something called SWHelper pops up and won't complete the process without my computer password. TEJ1602, an HP Support Agent, stated that SWHelper is not a part of the HP Software package. My 10-year-old MacBook Pro completed loading the drivers smoothly and with no glitches. I would prefer to use Easy Scan instead of Image Capture with the 2019 MacBook Pro and am hoping there's a solution. Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I installed HP Easy Scan from Mac App Store as you suggested and the installation process was flawless. Thanks very much for your advise. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Are you installing HP Easy Scan from the Mac App store? If not try it that way.

Either way though HP Easy Scan is a stand alone package.  It does not install any extensions or extra pieces that would require authorization beyond the original install.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I installed HP Easy Scan from Mac App Store as you suggested and the installation process was flawless. Thanks very much for your advise. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.