Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just got a new printer -- HP OfficeJet 3830 -- and my documents won't print and I keep getting an error message saying that "Encryption Credentials Have Expired."  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@paddler41

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Resetting the printer network settings, reconnecting the printer back to the network and adding compatible driver may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1. Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.
  2. Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch "Setup". Touch 'Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings".
  3. Power off your printer
  4. Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.
  5. Power on your printer.
  6. Run Wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect it back to your network.

Once the printer is connected, use the steps below to remove the existing printer driver and add a compatible driver:

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
  3. If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.
  4. Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
  5. Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
  6. Try to print.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

@LouisinDC1

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you're experiencing an issue with the HP OfficeJet 3830 printer, 
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's try this: Network restore

1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless), and then touch Settings.

2. Touch Restore Network Settings.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Next, run the Wireless Setup Wizard.

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch (Wireless).

2. Touch Settings.

3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, this is not working for me. I have MAC OS. and HP laserjet3833. 

HP Recommended

This did not work for me. My HP 3830 stopped working after less than two weeks - and nothing seems to get it going. 

HP Recommended

won't let me type in password

HP Recommended

My HP 3830 was working and then suddenly it was not with this "encryption credentials have expired" message.

I am not aware of any changes between when it worked and when it refused and this notice appeared.

This has happened before, but eventially the printer started working agian.

HP Recommended

@paddler41

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Resetting the printer network settings, reconnecting the printer back to the network and adding compatible driver may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1. Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.
  2. Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch "Setup". Touch 'Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings".
  3. Power off your printer
  4. Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.
  5. Power on your printer.
  6. Run Wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect it back to your network.

Once the printer is connected, use the steps below to remove the existing printer driver and add a compatible driver:

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
  3. If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.
  4. Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
  5. Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
  6. Try to print.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you -- these steps cleared the problem and the printer is functioning normally again.

HP Recommended

This fixed my printer problem -- Thanks !  I cannot find the "accept as solution" button/choice in the upper right -- so maybe you can add that

HP Recommended

@paddler41

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

P.S: Due to tool glitch "Accept as solution" may not be displayed. However, it appears at the bottom of the post. Thank you for your response.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.