Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you. Your solution worked. 

Lisa

HP Recommended

It worked for me, but I did have to add my printer via IP address to make it work instead of Bonjour.

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar,

I have followed your solutions recommended on the earlier posts. But, unfortunately in my case the error message is still displayed, and my printer (HP Envy 4520) will not print.  The issue came up just out of the  blue, a couple of days ago, and I am still looking for the correct fix for this.  Appreciate your advice asap.  

Kind regards

Henryk 

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have resetting the Printer Network Settings and uninstalling and reinstalling the printer. Still getting the " Encryption Credentials Have Expired" message and the printer automatically pauses.

Been working on this for hours and VERY frustrated. 

Any solutions out there for getting this to work with macOS Mojave?

HP Recommended

I followed it over and over and finally saw what I had previously missed. I switched it to AirPrint. It worked! Hope this helps you.

HP Recommended

It now works! After reconnecting the printer, step 5 is very important. I kindof skipped it the first time, but did it the second time and all is well now.

HP Recommended

I followed the steps you gave but there was no "use" or "printing Use" link to click on. Please help!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried this but it did not work for me.  I could not figure out part after I took the printer off and then added back on in the preferences part.  Where are the Use or Print Using buttons to click?

Thanks,

Katie

HP Recommended

What printer do you have?   I'm only familiar with the HP4520.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Didnt work for me.   when i was adding it back something came up said this printer already exsist would i want to continue anyway  This may be an issue  HELP  I cant print   I guess i have to go buy another printer tonight

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.