Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 giving the message "Encryption Credentials have Expired"  The printer will print and copy and print from myMac if I go to its on-line site - but it will not print from any applications such as Word or Mail.  I have reset the printer etc. and it appears to be recognised by my Mac and shows a green light and reacts to "find my printer" instruction but when I try to print from Mail etc it shows the message, or says that the printer is not connected. I tried your suggested solution using the reset wizard and reconnecting the printer to the Mac  but this makes no difference.   Mac, printer and modem appear to be all working fine but no printing from any applications?   Do you have any further advice please. What does the "Encryption Credentials' message actually refer to?  Does this relate to the Mac or to the printer?

HP Recommended

Further to my earlier post, my son has now found the solution.  When installing the printer on the Mac the procedure defaulted to "Secure AirPrint"  instead of "AirPrint"   When "AirPrint" was selected in "use" all came well and I can now print normally. I still do not know why or how the problem arose but it is good to know this solution.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the resolution, IT WORKED!!! :0) My laptop is printing again.

HP Recommended

This is not working for me. I have a Mac OS and HP ENVY 4527

HP Recommended

Just wanted to let the community know that if you are having issues with your printer and you are unable to find your solution over here the chat is a great option. Fast and easy. 

I think you were the technician who just helped me over chat and just wanted to say thank you since my connection got interrupted before doing so.

HP Recommended

this "solution" did not work.

HP Recommended

didnt work. I have Officejet 3830 and MacBook Air

what next

HP Recommended

i have done the network restore twice

HP Recommended

any other suggestions

HP Recommended

I tried all the steps but it is still not working. 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.