Did you mean: 
John-123_C-321
2 2 0 0
Message 21 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Encryption Credentials Have Expired

Hi, I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 giving the message "Encryption Credentials have Expired"  The printer will print and copy and print from myMac if I go to its on-line site - but it will not print from any applications such as Word or Mail.  I have reset the printer etc. and it appears to be recognised by my Mac and shows a green light and reacts to "find my printer" instruction but when I try to print from Mail etc it shows the message, or says that the printer is not connected. I tried your suggested solution using the reset wizard and reconnecting the printer to the Mac  but this makes no difference.   Mac, printer and modem appear to be all working fine but no printing from any applications?   Do you have any further advice please. What does the "Encryption Credentials' message actually refer to?  Does this relate to the Mac or to the printer?

0 Kudos
John-123_C-321
2 2 0 0
Message 22 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Further to my earlier post, my son has now found the solution.  When installing the printer on the Mac the procedure defaulted to "Secure AirPrint"  instead of "AirPrint"   When "AirPrint" was selected in "use" all came well and I can now print normally. I still do not know why or how the problem arose but it is good to know this solution.

0 Kudos
Smiley64
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you so much for the resolution, IT WORKED!!! :0) My laptop is printing again.

0 Kudos
Grit1
2 1 0 0
Message 24 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This is not working for me. I have a Mac OS and HP ENVY 4527

0 Kudos
ChappieD
1 1 0 0
Message 25 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just wanted to let the community know that if you are having issues with your printer and you are unable to find your solution over here the chat is a great option. Fast and easy. 

I think you were the technician who just helped me over chat and just wanted to say thank you since my connection got interrupted before doing so.

0 Kudos
tensace
3 3 0 0
Message 26 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

this "solution" did not work.

0 Kudos
Royster1
3 3 0 0
Message 27 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

didnt work. I have Officejet 3830 and MacBook Air

what next

0 Kudos
Royster1
3 3 0 0
Message 28 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i have done the network restore twice

0 Kudos
Royster1
3 3 0 0
Message 29 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

any other suggestions

0 Kudos
KC218
1 1 0 0
Message 30 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I tried all the steps but it is still not working. 😞

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation