Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have reinstalled a driver for the Envy 4500 all-in-one printer and for some reason it is chopping off the top of the print.  It shows a top margin of 1/2" and if the printing goes to a 1/4" margin it chops off 1/4" .  I have checked margins and cleaned the rollers and no change.  Can I handle this or should the printer be checked?  What should the window in the front of the machine  or choices be?  (i.e. Print, copy, scan, etc)  Mine reads copy, scan, etc)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My husband thinks that we probably need an old driver.  Do you know of a reputable site to download one from.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Penny491, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know the following:

1) Do you have issues printing from a particular application or all applications?

2) What is the Operating System installed on your Computer?

Keep me posted.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me.  I have a macOS Sierra  Ver 10.12.6.  I have had trouble on all applications and in both in Safari and Chrome.  It chops off the first inch of anything I want to print.  I tried to reinstall the Envy 4500 Easy Start (I believe that's what it's called).  I also don't know if there is a difference between the e-all-in-one and the all-in-one printer.  It is still chipping off the top.  I have checked the margins, it didn't seem to matter even when I put 0 as margins.

I can't remember when I purchased the printer but it has been a while.  Do you think this is something that can be fixed?  We also checked coping to within 1/8" around the page.  My husband thinks that when we ihstalled a new driver it is not the right driver for this printer.  what we really need is a driver or plain Envy 4500, no all in one and not e.

HP Recommended

My husband thinks that we probably need an old driver.  Do you know of a reputable site to download one from.

HP Recommended

@Penny491

Does copying also have the same issues?

If yes, try following the troubleshooting steps from this document.

If the issue is only with printing, try the steps below:

Please ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with it's software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

4.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

5.) Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

6.) Try to print.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.