I need the software or driver for Mac OS 10.6.8. I called customer service and he said try downloading the one for 10.8, which I did, and it didn't help. When I hit "print", it goes through as if it's going to print, but nothing comes out.
Your printer is supported on 10.8 or later, no software exists for your operating system:
you may try the following workaround and check, it may work and may not... :
- Download and install below drivers package:
- Connect the printer to your Mac and turn it on
- go to System Preferences > Print &U Fax.
- Click the plus sign and select the listed printer.
- click the Print Using drop doen and then on Select Printer Software.
- Select the HP Deskjet 6940 series within the list and press Add.
Now try printing using the added print queue and check if that may work.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
If you update Mac OS to 10.7 or higher you can then print via Airprint which does not require you to install a driver.
This document shows how to print via Airprint. Airprint is not compatible with 10.6.8.
If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.