Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher & country.girl1,

please could you share the solution you had for the slow printing of the HP Envy 4520. I've checked all the settings turn on and off, run the HP doctor, but to no avail. I'd be very grateful for your help.

martinw1

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@martinw1 If you've tried all the other steps and continues to have difficulties, I should be able to help you with that request,

I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: Click here to know how the private message function works.

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: (If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many months ago, I signed up for instant ink.  

Once my ink arrived, I had nothing but problems trying to get it my printer to print properly. 

Long story short, I cancelled the service.

That was back in August (I think...it's been months.)   I sent all my ink back to HP and went to the store and bought my HP ink.

Printer worked for a week or two and then I really did'nt use it again for several weeks and it was taking FOREVER to print something.   All my settings are the same as before my instant ink and no matter what I do, it will not print faster.

When I run tests it prints fine, but when I try to print something off the internet (like recipes) it literally takes 10 minutes or more to do what used to take 1 minute.

Ran all diagnostics and it's fine.  

Followed all the other suggestions on here and it still prints like a snail.

I have been putting off addressing this problem because I knew it would take forever to get fixed and sure enough, I've been at for over 5 hours.

I need my printer. 

I should never have gotten Instant Ink because I've had nothing but problems since then.

HP Recommended

Hi @RobertaMK

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.