11-28-2017 01:43 PM
I am attempting to download and install Envy 4520 software onto a 32 bit Windows XP pc, service pack 3 and Pentium 4 CPU. No matter how I try to install the software (from usb, hp website, disk included with the printer), I always get the same message: "We're sorry-We don't support this operating system," despite Windows XP being listed as a viable OS on the printer details.
I ended up setting up the printer wirelessly via a 64 bit Windows 8.1 laptop. However, I am still unable to print from the PC that is connected to the printer via USB. (The PC does not currently have wireless capabilities).
Thank you in advance for the help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-30-2017 01:56 PM
Hello, @jschwarzel – Hope you are well :)
Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing printer issues. I will certainly do my best to help you!
I see that you are facing issues while installing the printer on Windows XP machine. Try to reinstall the full-feature drivers to fix the issue. Here are the steps:
- Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer, if present.
- Go to Control panel – Add or remove programs – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61220/mp-147799-1/EN4520_Full_WebPack_1122.exe and download and install the printer drivers.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- Restart the printer & PC once done.
That should help. Let me know!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee