12-28-2017 08:13 PM
After trying everything : updating windows 10 , unistalling old (printer) driver), then (re)installing envy 5530 all-in-one driver (for windows 10), etc. my printer keeps on showing me "printer installed, drive not available". Pff...I still cannot print. What to do?
12-28-2017 10:30 PM
Please follow the steps below to resolve such an error:
**Be aware that if you have other printers installed on your PC, those will need to be reinstalled too once completing these steps.
1. Uninstall the HP Software from your PC.
2. Backup your registry prior making any registry changes:
3. Update your registry using the Reg file below (that will change some printer related policies for your PC):
4. Right click the Start menu and select Run.
Type Services.msc and press OK.
Locate and stop the Print Spooler service
5. Browse to c:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers.
Rename W32X86 to W32x86.old
Rename x64 to x64.old
Note: if any of these folders fail to rename reboot your PC and then Continue following the steps starting from Step 4...
6. Restart your computer.
7. Reinstall the HP Software and check for any difference
Please let me know the results,
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂