Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5546
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

In the install wizard I get to the point of running the downloaded files and I keep getting the error message - 'unable to load config information'.

Please advise what I need to do next, thanks

Clive

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CliveH1

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you are unable to install drivers in windows 7,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Have you attempted to upgrade the firmware of your printer?

Did you delete any existing versions of the printer driver before attempting to reinstall after it failed with the error you've mentioned?

Are you using the printer software disc or is it using the internet?

While you reply, here's what you should know:

The HP full feature driver on the software disc or downloaded from the HP website uses a guided installer to set up your printer for a Wi-Fi or wired network connection. If the installer does not detect the printer after selecting the connection type, one of the following errors might display:

• Printer not found

• Unable to find the printer

• No devices found

• Your printer could not be found on your wireless network

Use the steps in this document to troubleshoot issues that can cause network printer setup problems.

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any error states present during the printer setup.

Step 2: Check the network and printer connection status

Make sure your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for the network setup.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEPS

If you are using an installation disc and it isn't working: Click here for steps.

Click here for wireless setup

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CliveH1

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you are unable to install drivers in windows 7,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Have you attempted to upgrade the firmware of your printer?

Did you delete any existing versions of the printer driver before attempting to reinstall after it failed with the error you've mentioned?

Are you using the printer software disc or is it using the internet?

While you reply, here's what you should know:

The HP full feature driver on the software disc or downloaded from the HP website uses a guided installer to set up your printer for a Wi-Fi or wired network connection. If the installer does not detect the printer after selecting the connection type, one of the following errors might display:

• Printer not found

• Unable to find the printer

• No devices found

• Your printer could not be found on your wireless network

Use the steps in this document to troubleshoot issues that can cause network printer setup problems.

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any error states present during the printer setup.

Step 2: Check the network and printer connection status

Make sure your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for the network setup.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEPS

If you are using an installation disc and it isn't working: Click here for steps.

Click here for wireless setup

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the response. I clicked on the link under Step 2 in your update and appeared to go through a loop of installing software again a few times before a encountered a diagnostic checker. That provided a couple of steps to go through and then my PC was linked to the printer.

Many thanks for the help - I will update the item to accepted as solution

Clive

HP Recommended

@CliveH1

You're most welcome. 🙂

As Riddle_Decipher is out of the office today adn therefore I'm replying to you. I will let Riddle_Decipher know about this. Technical solutions can only be provided by us, but it was you who implemented them to perfection. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.