Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 7858 Display Error Message

HP Envy 7858
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

A software upgrade download for the HP7858 printer failed.  The printer display now has this message: "A problem has occurred with one of the printer's critical system files.  A printer update will be installed to fix this problem."   I can't get rid of this message.  The printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable.  Now the computer can't find the printer to allow a re-download of the driver files.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4509 4501 291 261
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 7858 Display Error Message

@watsonall

A warm welcome to HP Community!

We might be able to clear the message by power resetting the printer and then updating the printer firmware. Here is how to do it:

1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector

2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door

3) Remove the power cord and USB cable from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer

5) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges and then connect the USB cable.

6) Download and install the latest printer firmware update available here

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation