11-19-2019 06:19 AM
My ENVY Printer works OK when using it in the Wireless Mode except I get a false "out of paper" message but the pages print anyway. My problem is when using the printer in the wired mode. Whenever I connect the USB cable, the printer spits out blank pages except for a "1/4" printed in the corner of each page. I have to disconnect the cable to stop the printer from sending out these sheets. I have tried all the usual fixes; rebooting the computer, unplugging the printer, etc.
Any thoughts? Can I factory reset the printer?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-21-2019 11:18 AM
@JPMoore, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, resetting the printer to its factory settings may help.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-21-2019 12:40 PM
Problem turned out to be with the computer/printer spooler. Cleaned out garbage printer files and everything seems to be working except I'm still getting a false out of paper on the network side of the printer. Thank you for your support.
11-21-2019 01:03 PM
To resolve false error message on the printer, you may update the printer firmware or perform a factory reset as mentioned in my previous post.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
I am an HP Employee