Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bye

Help me!!!!

2 problems in 1 day

1^ Problem (al 09:00)

My problem is with printer HP Photosmart 6520

My hardware is PC Lenovo Z50-70 with initial Windows 8.1 Update at last update in this version,

and upgrade to Windows 10, with 18Gb ram and SSD 256Gb Disk CPU I7-4510U 2.0--2.60 Ghz

Upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10,

in windows updare, this error is displayed:

• Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP Photosmart 6520 series - Errore 0x80070103

and in installation history the message is:

Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP Photosmart 6520 series

Hewlett-Packard Imaging software update released in November, 2009

2^ Problem

At 21:00, reloaded Windows 10 update and error is changed:

At this moment error is

• Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP Photosmart 6520 series - Errore 0x8024200b

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have just got rid of this update error message on Windows 10 by going into settings, devices, connected devices, then clicking on device manager link at bottom of screen.   Then delete the 'Unknown Printer'.

It worked for me!

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
HP Recommended

I got notification of similar topic and errors prior to Windows 10 install.  They were related to a Windows update that failed to install on two devices.  The update will still not install on either device...one with 10 and the other still operating with 7.  Good news is that my HP printer is still connected to network and, as of a couple of hours ago, is still operational.  I still would like to know how to dismiss the problems or, at least, the notifications.

HP Recommended

Thank you.
Ok, Ok, even my printer and my scanner work well, but it 'stupid ALWAYS have this message every time you use Windows Update. and you can not even remove this update from Windows Update

HP Recommended

I have just got rid of this update error message on Windows 10 by going into settings, devices, connected devices, then clicking on device manager link at bottom of screen.   Then delete the 'Unknown Printer'.

It worked for me!

HP Recommended

Great advice, thanks - worked for me too!

HP Recommended

Me too.....thanks!  This update is now extinct.

HP Recommended

I tried this.  It got rid of the failed updates but I lost use of my printer

Take a look at the following for a full fix.  All OK now, Failed updates gone & latest Printer Drivers / Software installed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-Software-Recovery/Windows-10-Windows-Updat-fo...

Thanks for pointing Me in the right direction.  Up to now, thought this was a Windows Update problem & I had been trying to fix it with DISM & SFC.  Obviously it wasn't.

HP Recommended

Suggest you may have deleted your own printer rather than unknown printer.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the idea/suggestion/solution.  It worked for me, now I can sleep at night :-}

HP Recommended

Thx for the tip.  It also worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.