Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DJ5820 all-in-one wireless
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Kindly help me on this one. I already did all the guides but same error message appear after doing all the steps. I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64-bits.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Jayson31, Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand you are getting Error 126 on your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

As you mentioned you are getting Error 126 on your printer.

Try the steps recommended below.

Start > Type services.msc
Scroll down and click on Print Spooler
Click on Stop the service
Click on Start the Service
Close the window

Go to Control Panel > Open Printers Folder
Right click on printer and select Open
Are documents showing in the queue?  If they are, click on Printer and select Cancel All Documents
Close window and reboot system

Uninstall printer software/driver from root level.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Update printer driver software using this link.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr.Robot,

I diligently followed all your instructions but unforutnately I still ended up with the same error. 

For your 1st question if I made any changes to my printer, No. I didn't made any changes.

If was able to made a copy from my printer, Yes.

I also tried to follow the instructions from the troubleshooter and was able to download the hppiw.exe file but ended with wsnmp32.dll missing error.

Hope you can still look for another solution. I appreciate your response.

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

@Jayson31, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you are able to make a copy from your printer and when you try to install the printer drivers you are getting error wsnmp32.dll missing on your PC.

It sounds like an operating system issue. Try installing the printer drivers on a different PC and check if you are getting the same error.

Also, uninstall the printer software from your PC and try installing windows built-in drivers and check if it helps.

Try the steps recommended below.

Install the built-in print driver over a wireless or wired (Ethernet) network connection on a computer with Windows 10 or Windows 8.

1.Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

2.Click Add a printer.

A Choose a device or printer to add to this PC window opens.

If your printer is in the list, select it, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. You can now use your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, continue to the next step.

3.Click The printer I want isn't listed, and then select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.

4.Click Next.

5.Select the port to be used by your printer, such as 'USB001' for a USB connected printer, and then click Next.

6.Click Windows Update, and then wait for the print drivers to update.

7.Click HP, Hewlett-Packard, or Hewlett Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

• If your printer is in the list, select it, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. You can now use your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, click the back arrow in the upper left corner of the window two times to return to the Find a printer by other options step, and then continue to the next step.

8.Select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname, and then click Next.

10.Type your printer IP address into the text box, and then click Next.

You can find the IP address by printing either a Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page. For printers with displays, the IP address displays on the printer control panel through the wireless icon or button. 

11.Wait for the computer to connect to the printer, and then click Next to install the print driver.

9.Select Autodetect from the Device type drop-down list.

Refer this article to know more information about installing the printer using windows built-in drivers.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.