Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have an Digital Sender 9200c and I have not SELECT button. Coudl anybody explain me how to continue from the STOP button?
HP Recommended

@badboy69OPC wrote:

Here is how I solved the problem:

Clearing RFU Error Message
1. Turn the printer power off.
2. Power on the printer and watch for the memory count to begin.
3. Holds down the STOP button when you see the memory counts begin. Continue holding down the STOP button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
4. Press the SELECT (Checkmark) button and then the MENU Button.
5. Scroll down until you see “Clear All RFU Errors”.
6. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is the letter “C” in the word “Clear”.
7. Scroll down until you see “Set Runmode to Manual”.
8. Press the Select button once until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “R” in the word “Runmode”.
9. Scroll down until you see “Set RFU Error Off”.
10. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “S” in the word “Set”
11. Turn the printer off and power up the printer.

Well, these steps may be a workaround when your HP4515 firmware is NOT broken.

Mine firmware was broken, - because of a failing firmware update. In this case, do NOT follow these steps here and do NOT clear the RFU errors.

I do that, and now my printer seems completely broken. Startup stops at memory count. No way to do anything. No way to enter service menu. No way to load firmware through recovery USB mode. My printer is now most likely bricked.

Well, - any idea to solve that issue is of course welcome. :smileyindifferent:

HP Recommended

UPDATE:  I own more than one HP CP4005. Over the years this error has happened two other times in other machines. Changing the memory stick has shown itself to be an instant fix.

HP Recommended

@Brian-L wrote:

UPDATE:  I own more than one HP CP4005. Over the years this error has happened two other times in other machines. Changing the memory stick has shown itself to be an instant fix.

Thanks for this hint. Well, replacing the printer's memory stick or RAM may be a workaround / solution if the RFU error happens without any relation to a failed firmware update.

In my case the faulty firmware upgrade corrupted the printer’s firmware. And now, after cleaning the RFU's, I have no chance to make a firmware recovery through USB.

Will see what HP Support thinks about this situation.

HP Recommended

I have this error message on my CP3505n machine.  The fix below did not work. 

I am running Windows 10 - what can I do?   Also, my new laptop does not automatically recognize this printer.

HP Recommended

Hi there

In my case, I had to contact the HP support. After checking that issue with a HP support professional (over phone) they send me a replacement PCB (printer mainboard). On a lot CP range printer it is possible for the end-user to replace that part oneself. That is a really nice feature.

Note, - the defective / bricked PCB must be sent back to HP with the replacement PCB packaging. Otherwise they will charge for that part.

Well, if yours printer is no longer under warranty then this may become quite expensive. Check fist what’s your warranty state is. In some situation it is cheaper to buy an “after warranty HP” service package then a replacement for the defective hardware part. 😉

HP Recommended

Please i want you to help me, to remove the Error from the printer please.

HP Recommended

Olá, sei que tem bastante tempo desde sua publicação mais estou com a mesma impressora com o mesmo erro, voce teve sucesso em recuperar ela.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.