Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My OS is Windows 10 Professional, completely up to date.

After uninstalling all the software of my old printer HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 I get, at every start / restart of my computer, a message from RunDLL:

Could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910\bin\HPStatusBL.dll

The message requires to push an OK button and nothing harmfull happens.

I searched the Registry (with Regedit), but the expression HPStatusBL.dll was not found. Using Glary Utilities, I searched startup files (with Startup Manager) everything related to HP, but found nothing.

Can I remove the task/routine generating this annoying message?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello sandytechy!

My problem solved due to ethel, member at tenforums.com, which I tahnk by this way, too.

ethel gave me a link for solving:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05333619

I feel it's good for me to inform you and posters about the solution.

Thank you for your disponibility.

John Sandu

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@John_Sandu

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Let me know if that helps.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandytechy. Thank you for your disponibility.

Uninstalling and Removing device were already made. I checked instead every of these 2 steps. The objects are missing.

So I continued from running "printui.exe /s". I've found 3 items related to HP Officejet 8500 A910: Class Driver, another one and Fax Officejet 8500 A910) and I've removed them, so as you described the steps. (The restart was... long, I'd say...). But surprise...

After uninstalling software of HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910After uninstalling software of HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910

May be this maner of information will be more clear and useful.

(Maybe there is an order of removing printers and software which must be respected, for example first removing the device and then uninstalling software. But I thought that uninstalling one of the 3 or 4 softwares related to HP will remove the device, too.)

I hope you'll find something more. If we solve the problem, I'm sure this will help others, too.

John Sandu

HP Recommended

@John_Sandu

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry to see this. I'll wait, maybe there will be a new answer.

After a while (with pushing OK button), I will maybe reinstall the HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 software... and then I will uninstall again. Maybe my problem will be solved. Maybe I will uninstall the software with something stronger, like Revo Uninstaller.

Or... I'll reinstal my Windows 10 Pro OS (I strongly disagree doing this).

I published the same post on a forum about Windows 10. Maybe there will be a final response.

With respect, Bye bye.

John Sandu

HP Recommended

Hello sandytechy!

My problem solved due to ethel, member at tenforums.com, which I tahnk by this way, too.

ethel gave me a link for solving:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05333619

I feel it's good for me to inform you and posters about the solution.

Thank you for your disponibility.

John Sandu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.