Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet 6835
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Updated the computer and now have 'problem with printerhead' on my machine although it was running fine earlier and has HP original print cartridges in it.   I tried to install the recent ' remove the error' software for OEM printer cartridges and that update failed as well.  Please help

Firmware version PNPICN1610AR

software version 033.001.073.49987

printer driver version 14.40.00.3447

error code 0xc19a0023 problem with printerhead

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey there! @kbrennan, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are getting Error code 0xc19a0023 on your printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try performing a hard reset on your printer and check if it helps.

In some cases, a printer reset can clear the error message.
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Ink System Failures.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I did the hard reset as reccdm by Mr. Robot with no success.  Is there a way to rollback the firmware update on OEM cartridges?   I use HP cartridges and had no problem prior to this installation.  Please advise.  thanks

HP Recommended

i did another hard reset from alternative laptop and replaced the print cartridge with new HP cartridge... ran HP Doctor and system check out...however the printer did not print test page and the error code problem with print head remained even though new HP cartridge installed.   Should I return HP printer to costco and buy alternative or is there someone who can help me?   New cartridge...same problem... and HP doctor scan checks out....what else can I do? 

thanks for your response

HP Recommended

@kbrennan, thanks for your generous response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try performing a semi full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform semi full reset is confidential I will send you the steps in a private message, please watch your inbox.

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue, please contact hp support for service options.

Or get the printer exchanged from the place you got it from.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr. Robot ...I tried the reset by pushing lower left button 4 times.. the result was request to end web services.  I did that then reinstalled web services . I also stripped the  6835 drivers from pc and reinstalled with CD....No success.

the same error about printer head appeared... then I tried pushing power button 4 consequetive times... that resulted in machine getting stuck in 'shutting down' mode so I will disconnect power and reboot again.  Looking forward to your email on hard reset...kabrenna@mit.edu  ... how do I reach you if that fails?  please send email address.  

Thanks  Kathleen   d0 you want to try to log in remotely? +1  6305614330 usa

HP Recommended

@kbrennan, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts in trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after trying out the steps the issue still persists.

I have checked the manual and the semi full reset is applicable for a different printer.

It certainly seems to be a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.