Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do you turn off the Ipv60 thing?

HP Recommended

I do not have settings only Setup & with that there are no Network Settings. Now what?

HP Recommended

Need more information.

Were you connected wirelessly to your network before?

Why do you want to turn off IPv6?

Why don't you have any Network settings?

Thanks

Eric 

I'm a HP Employee
HP Recommended

Yes I have been connected wirelessly. I want to get rid of that error code that keeps coming up & a post back in May said that to do that I should turn off the Ipv6, but I can't get to my Settings or Network Settings to do that

HP Recommended

Setup - Network Setup - Advanced settings - IVp6 turn to off. Note that to reach some menu items you need to scroll down. 

HP Recommended

Vermaas,

Can you help me understand your environment better?

1. Who is your internet provider?

2. Did your internet provider supply your router?

3. What is the make and model of the router?

4. How long is it before you receive the error? 

5. What is the model # of your printer?

I'm a HP Employee
HP Recommended

I spent weeks trying to resolve this problem, including getting a new printer twice from HP support. My advice is just switch IVp6 off. I have never seen the error code since I did that and my printer works perfectly. 

HP Recommended

I tried the solution of turning off the IPv6 slider and it worked. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem when connecting using a wireless connection. However, if you opt to turn off IPv6, your printer is no longer on the network so you have to use a USB connection. I have to use a wireless connection so turning off the IPv6 is not an option. Is there another way to resolve this error code. I get it daily, more than once! This is a big inconvenience, because then I have to power cycle the printer. During the night, there isn't anyone here to power cycle the printer, so if there's a fax coming in, it fails!!

HP Recommended

DiReid,

Turning off the IPv6 should not disconnect you from the network. Your Ipv4 will keep you connected. 

Please try to use the HP Print Scan Doctor program located @ https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor.

This should help in connecting your printer to the network while having IPv6 off. 

I'm a HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.