Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 5230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Only had the printer a few weeks and this error code is appearing every few days. Printer is connected wirelessly to BT Homehub 6. Pressing printer power button appears to reboot printer which then operates normally. What is this error and why is it occuring?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After much trouble shooting I have determined the error only occurs while connected with WIFI. Both 2.4 and 5 give the same error after about 3 hours. While connected by USB I do not get the error.

Modem ARRIS DG2460. Firmware version 9.19103V. Carrier Suddenlink.

After going into the advanced WIFI settings on the printer and turning off the IPv6 option the error has not returned while on a WIFI connection. I will further test this by turning on the feature and waiting to see if the error re-occurs. Update to follow.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

Hi @Smithgables,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that you are getting an error on the printer.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Have tried to do any changes to the printer?

Is copy working fine?

When exactly you get this error message?

Meanwhile, will try to update ting the Firmware by clicking the below link.

Update the firmware on an HP printer.

Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Have a great day!

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have had the printer since 27th December and have not done any updates since I commissioned it and joined Instant Ink. I have not made any changes but i remember that there was a message when setting up saying that the fax had detected noise on the telephone line. I didn't sort this out as it's unlikely I'll want to use the fax.

Printing, copying and scanning all works fine.

The message has occured several times and each time I have found it on a morning when returning to the printer after it being left switched on overnight. The LCD screen is lit with the message displays. At other tmes the screen is usually black unless the printer is being used.

I haven't tried the firmware update but I will check that out.

Any further advice will be welcome.

Regards.

Richard

HP Recommended

I have now checked out the printer update direct from the printer but it reported that there are no updates available.

HP Recommended

Hi @Smithgables,

Thanks for replying.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. 

To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello there,

i have the exact same error code and i cant figure out what it is. HP doesnt really seem to help a lot.

Have you already fixed the problem? Dou you know about a solution?

HP Recommended

I spent some time on the phone with HP support who talked me through a 'partial reset'. Following this my printer wouldn't connect to Instant Ink and HP sent me a replacement printer which I received today. I don't think HP knew what the error code was and the partial reset didn't cure it as the error code appeared again. Hoping my new printer will be error free.

HP Recommended
I did the same thing. They sent me a new printer but nothing has changed. It seems like the problem is caused by our Hitron Router. I dont know wether it will be fixed someday or not. But it is extremly annoying.
HP Recommended

Brand new OfficeJet 5255 4-8-2018. I get the same error. The power button reset will clear the error but it does come back. Could this have something to do with the 2 hour power off function? I am setup wireless.

HP Recommended

Hello  Kabelwurst,

Are you still having issues wity your printer? 

Could you share with me your Internet provider?

Your Router Model?

and maybe your firmware on the router?

Thank you for your time.

I'm a HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.