Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just for the record, I am running

W10 Home / version 1809 / Build 17763.348

and am not having any problem with HP Smart now. 

I boringly like to keep the latest updates installed!!!

HP Recommended

Despite installing the latest drivers (in full), I'm still having this issue. 

I need to get my scanner working (as converting phone photos to .pdf files is not the best way to send off urgent, important documentation), but have exhausted the ideas here other than rolling back my Windows update.

Has anyone from HP provided a response, as I'd rather not have to roll back?

HP Recommended

I agree with SchrodingersKat. After uninstalling and reinstalling Smart Task and requesting updated drivers, nothing has changed. Still get "There was a problem loading your Smart Task" after I hear the  HP Envy 4520 scanning sound  stops.

However I did get scan working again by installing a different HP app to my PC . It is called HP Scan and Capture. Works just like Smart Task for scanning including creating multi page documents.  Got it from the Microsoft Store.

HP Recommended

There are a lot of threads on this, and it's not resolving for everyone. I reinstalled, and even ran the doctor. The print and scan doctor does it's thing, and I can 'test' scan from here fine. Whatever app it's using to scan works great. But then I try from the HP Smart software and the same lockup. What is going on and what else can be done to fix this?

HP Recommended

If you are having problems with the HP Smart app the new feature Smart Tasks

A new version of HP Smart has been released and uploaded to the Microsoft Store.

This version has fixes in for Smart Task problems.

To update the App

On the taskbar, select the Microsoft Store icon.
If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type Microsoft Store, select Microsoft Store , then choose More > Pin to taskbar .
Select More > Downloads and updates, and choose the Get updates button.

If you need more info on updating Windows Store apps please check out this link

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Just for confirmation:

What version does this download?  I have 95.1.531.0 which is working perfectly.  MS Store doesn't give a version, but a release date of 27/09/2012 - perhaps the original release rather than latest version.

HP Recommended

@Pam-5 wrote:

Just for confirmation:

What version does this download?  I have 95.1.531.0 which is working perfectly.  MS Store doesn't give a version, but a release date of 27/09/2012 - perhaps the original release rather than latest version.

The latest version of HP Smart App for Windows 10 is 95.1.531.0 as of 2/19/19, this replaced version 95.1.527.0 which released 2/28/19.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

JonW

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.