01-13-2018 05:02 PM
Printer used to print-now just runs a blank sheet of paper halfway through and stops-you pull out the paper, it does it again, endlessly. Ink levels ok, no paper jam--printer was operationakl a few days ago. (Maybe it doesn't like snow!)
Either "error" or "Resume" message appears. This does NOT happen when first turn on pritner, only when connected to the Windows 10 comouter. (haven't tried MAcbook, older one, yet, but PC is one we use most for printing.) Thanks!
01-15-2018 04:03 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service.
I understand that you have an HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer does not print and a blank sheet of paper comes out. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Are you using original HP ink cartridges or refilled ink?
- Is the printer able to make a photocopy? If yes then it indicates that the printer and the ink cartridges are good.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the printer fails to make a photocopy then please perform the steps as described in detail from this HP document. These steps help in fixing various print quality related issues.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers!
I am an HP Employee
If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!