Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laser MFP 135w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello and sorry if the board is incorrect. The question is simple, how can I factory reset the printer itself?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@sleepyguy1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below to reset the printer-

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Excuse me but I have the same problem and don´t understand your clue.

"Turn the product on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds.

Which button is the resume button? I`ve try the  cancel, start and ok button but it doesn`t work.

Could you help me?

thx

Matthias

HP Recommended

@vienna33be, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Didn´t help.  I think, "factory resetting" don`t describe correct my problem. Language problem.;-}

Other attempt:

After I´ve done all the right setting for the printer I want to change the password for the admin account in the embedded web service for the printer. I´ve took the standard password for the admin account , changed it, noted it (password manager) and want to test the new password. It don`t work. Now, I`ve no access for the admin settings for my printer.

So, I thought I can reset the printer to his default settings/factory resetting inclusive his admin password. But I don´t find a clue how I can do that.

Ca you help me?

thx and cu 

Matthias

HP Recommended

@vienna33be

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I reset all the factory settings on this printer? Hp laserjet mfp 135w the  menu in the printer doesn’t have that option

HP Recommended

Not solved. The menú doesn’t have a reset option

HP Recommended

@Tedegr, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear TEJ, I have the same printer - HP Laser MFP 135w. Can you send it to me too, because I accidentally changed the wifi-direct name of the printer and I don't remember what it was before. By sending it you will really help me.

- Great regards, Anon69.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.