Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officeject Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a paperjam in the printer which I cleared but whenever I try to print wirelessly from the computer, it comes up with a paper jam message.  I can print ok if I plug in a cable, or wirelessly from a device so there is no paper jam to clear.  How can I get rid of this message so that my HP computer will print wirelessly again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @pdud,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see from the post that you are getting false paper jam error message on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer. I'd be really glad to help you with this,

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then perform a Hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - 'Paper Jam' Error - Click here

If nothing helps, I would suggest next step would be to perform an advance reset on the printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Let me know how that goes. Good luck!
Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @pdud,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see from the post that you are getting false paper jam error message on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer. I'd be really glad to help you with this,

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then perform a Hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - 'Paper Jam' Error - Click here

If nothing helps, I would suggest next step would be to perform an advance reset on the printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Let me know how that goes. Good luck!
Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help, the error message has now gone and printing wirelessly again.

HP Recommended

Hi @pdud,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have HP Photosmart C6100 All-in-one series. I cleared any paper jam, reinstall inks, unpluggged printer and plugged back in. The paper jam message continues. Can't print. Please help

HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @Bebbot,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a paper jam error in your Photosmart C6100 All-in-one series. Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Are you using any surge protector to connect your printer?

Recommend you to check the duplexer on the printer for any debris and also check if the carriage is moving freely. 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service or upgrade options available for your printer as suggested in the article.

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can someone tell me how to perform an advance reset? I have a paper jam error message that will not go away. I have done everything the tutorial says and nothing.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi, I saw your solution for fixing a false paper jam on an OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer. I have the same issue on an HP Laserjet Pro 200 MFP 276nw printer.  I work with a Macbook Pro with the Mojave 10.14 OS. Would the solution be the same?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My printer gives all the time the message "Paper jam" (In Dutch "Papierstoring - Hef papierstoring op en druk op OK").

I'm the owner of HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One. PC: windows 10 (64).

I'm sure there is no paper or anything else left in the printer.

Reading other paper jam solutions I wanted to try a hard reset by removing the inktcassettes. However: that is impossible!

Can you help me.

Gr. Ronnepawn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.