Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

False paper jam

Hp Officejet 6962
iOS

A message keeps popping up on my printer first saying that “there is a paper jam and that I need to remove the rear access panel or automatic two-sided printing accessory from the back of the printer, and then clear any paper” which I did but there wasn’t any paper. Then it said “There is a problem with the printer or print system. Turn  the printer Off, then On. If you continue to get this message, contact HP 0x6100004a”. I did turn off the printer and turned it back on but the message  still keeps popping up. So I just want to know what I am supposed to do.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6079 288 318
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

False paper jam

@Jaden143

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that the printer is giving paperjam error message, need not worry i'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you check for any jammed paper in the printer?

have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Then, update the firmware for your printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/9514854/model/95147...

Restart the printer.

If the issue persists, Click on the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/9514854/model/95147... and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation