Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Software Assistant says I need a firmware update, number 1925A, but when I try to download and install, it can't find the wireless  printer on my network. The same thing happens in the HP Print and Scan Doctor. I don't know how to fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @slbnyc

Please try re-installing the HP Support Assistant - 

1) In the search box, type and open "Apps & Features".

2) Look for HP Support Assistant.

3) Click on it to uninstall.

4) Restart the computer.

5) Install the HP Support Assistant from this link.

You may also try these steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Let me know.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @slbnyc

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the firmware update.

Power on the printer and make sure it is connected to the network. 

Or, you may also connect a USB cable to the printer and computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

Thanks for trying to help. However this does not solve the problem My printer works fine, and is on my network -- I am able to print on the HP Envy 7155 in question. The problem is with the Firmware Update. It's the updating software which seems to be unable to see the printer. I have tried using HP Support Assistant and through the web page. It doesn't work either way, and the Support Assistant is still telling me I need an Update.

Scott

HP Recommended

Please try re-installing the HP Support Assistant - 

1) In the search box, type and open "Apps & Features".

2) Look for HP Support Assistant.

3) Click on it to uninstall.

4) Restart the computer.

5) Install the HP Support Assistant from this link.

You may also try these steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Let me know.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again Asmita,

Thanks so much for trying to help.

So I did the uninstall and reinstall of the Support Assistant. It still showed that an update was needed, of course. I asked Assistant to check for updates again, and it still showed an update was needed. I tried installing it from Assistant, but the same thing happened. After running through all its checks, I chose "Download and Install". Eventually it did the "Searching for Printers" thing, and up came the list, which included my printer's serial number. a Host Name, a Port/Address, Version and Status. Under Status it says "Not Applicable", which seems weird. This is the same spot I have had issues before. I am unable to select the checkbox for that printer, so the "Update" button remains unclickable.

So I went to the webpage you directed me to as an alternative, and I followed the instructions for updating the firmware from the printer itself. It said there was an update available and it installed it, which is good. However, back in Support Assistant, it still says that an update is available. I tried to install it unsuccessfully, then I started over and asked it search again, went through the same process, and it failed again. It's still telling me I need an update!

What next?

Scott

HP Recommended

As the printer is up-to-date, select the update and delete it. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's now a  few hours later, and the alert has disappeared. I guess it just took some time to catch up to the update.

Thanks for helping me resolve it!

Scott

HP Recommended

Hi @slbnyc

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.