Highlighted
breidems Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Firmware Upgrade Utility can't be opened

I am experiencing the same problem others have had getting the downloaded HP P1102w driver to open on my Macbook Pro with OS X El Capitan. I am getting this message "HP Firmware Upgrade Utility” can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image" when I double click on the downloaded file.   I see that others have had the same issue and have posted on the HP support forum most recently on 7/3/18 by @MeMeMa, but the answers/solutions have not been posted.  Any help with this would be appreciated.   - Mike B

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
22369 4020 8405
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Firmware Upgrade Utility can't be opened

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem others have had getting the downloaded HP P1102w driver to open on my Macbook
Pro with OS X El Capitan. I am getting this message "HP Firmware Upgrade Utility” can’t be opened.

From your description, are you trying to install a printer driver or upgrade the printer firmware? those are 2 different things..

To install the printer you should follow below steps and not to follow the Firmware Upgrade Utility, you would generally connect the printer with a USB to your Mac or click the plus sign or add a printer already connected to your wireless network from System Preferences:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04510394

If you would like to use it wirelessly but the printer is not yet connected to your wireless network, install it with a USB first and then follow below steps to convert to a wireless connection as listed below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110306/docu...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation