Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (97 Views)

Firmware for Deskjet D1660 to reverse use of third-party or non-HP ink cartridges

Product Name: Deskjet D1660
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Please tell me where to go to get HP's firmware update download for my Deskjet D1660 printer that will again allow it to use non-HP ink cartridges.  Back a few years ago I had to throw out all of my remanufactured ink because HP made it impossible to use non-HP cartridges.  I've read where the class action suits and complaints have now changed HP's mind and they have software to reverse this bad decision on their part, but i cannot find it.  Please help.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (57 Views)

Re: Firmware for Deskjet D1660 to reverse use of third-party or non-HP ink cartridges

@hpdoubter

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :) 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. ;)

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation