09-12-2019 01:56 PM
My ASUS laptop and HP Officejet 4650 series are not communicating. I get the message "printer is in an error state." I have two other laptops (Apple and ASUS) that are not having any printing problems. I have tried to add the printer as a new device on my computer several times with same results. HELP!!
09-16-2019 12:34 PM
@DIgirl, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This seems like a driver issue on the PC, let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
Re-install the HP Full-featured driver
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee