Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few days ago I noticed an alert after powering up my computer that a download/update for my printer had been completed. I didn't worry about it but today, I turned on my computer and found that a new device was on it and there is absolutely no information about it in the properties and/or the device information. I don't know why it is suddenly there, if it is a patch of somesort or what? When I went to check it out for further details, I got a window that opened up and said the snap in was being installed so I had to go to the task manager to end the task because I did not know what was going on or where this new "device" had come from. Is this a legitimate HP update/patch/system repair for my printer? Or should I be greatly concerned about where this HEWLETT-PACKARDOFFICEJET REFLASH Device has come from? I checked it in my devices online with HP and it shows the device in "my devices" but it shows it is not installed and asks if I want to install it (?). My notebook and my printer both show as my devices and they both show that they are currently installed. Can anyone tell me what this is and if I need it, or should I remove it from my computer since it appears to be installed when I look at my devices in my device manager on my computer? I am set up for updates with HP but I don't know if that is where it came from since the manufacturer is "unknown", Driver Provider is "unknown", Driver Date is "not available", Driver Version is "not available", Digital Signer "Not digitally signed", and in the Events Window it shows "

Device USBPRINT\HEWLETT-PACKARDOFFICEJET_REFLASH\6&24b1de23&0&USB002 was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device Id:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\VID_03F0&PID_CAFE\5&e535c4e&0&2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After I posted my query, I did use my printer and then I saw the response to my post. I went back to look at the installed "device" and it was gone, it was not in my device manager or my settings so I presume it is something that is not needed  and since it was nothing I tried installing myself, I am going to see that it is not something I need to worry about, or even installing it at all. I do not know what it is for, as this question was never answered, I do not know where it came from, as this question was never answered, I do not know if it is an HP software or hardware, as this question was never answered. For all the UNANSWERED questions and the fact that it just disappeared as well as my printer is printing, scanning and faxing without any problems, I'm not going to worry about it. Wish I could have gotten some answers to my questions rather than being told to reinstall something I don't know what it is....how foolish that would be of me to do that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ItsMe7

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 5610 Printer. I understand that after HP software update you are getting issues using your printer and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

I made a research on it and found that the firmware is not updated properly.

I suggest updating the firmware of the printer once again with a USB cable.

Click here and refer the document to update the firmware update.

If that does not work, I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance.

Cheers,

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After I posted my query, I did use my printer and then I saw the response to my post. I went back to look at the installed "device" and it was gone, it was not in my device manager or my settings so I presume it is something that is not needed  and since it was nothing I tried installing myself, I am going to see that it is not something I need to worry about, or even installing it at all. I do not know what it is for, as this question was never answered, I do not know where it came from, as this question was never answered, I do not know if it is an HP software or hardware, as this question was never answered. For all the UNANSWERED questions and the fact that it just disappeared as well as my printer is printing, scanning and faxing without any problems, I'm not going to worry about it. Wish I could have gotten some answers to my questions rather than being told to reinstall something I don't know what it is....how foolish that would be of me to do that.

HP Recommended

@ItsMe7

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Funfact: on some older HP printers, if you disconnect the power cord, then hold down the copy back + copy colour + cancel -button and plug it back in. this "HP reflash device" gets installed to your computer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.