Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @k9rsq,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts.

I see that uninstalling helped you to get all the printers up and running. However, you want to know how to stop the PC from updating automatically.

I would recommend you change the automatic updates to the manual for the time being to keep a control on what's installing in your PC and in turn prevent such issues in the future.

Please take your time and get back to me with the results, I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution. And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Researching the MicroSoft W10 posts, it appears that ithis is a common fault with W10 update 1703 and all network printers are affected.  However, I have 4 other systems running W10 (1703) that are not affected.  Anyway, since I am running Windows 10 HOME, I do not see an option to turn off updates. Can you suggest one?

HP Recommended

@k9rsq, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below to disable specific updates on your PC.

When Windows Updates downloads a driver that causes the hardware to fail, it can be rolled back to the working version. However, to prevent Windows Updates from re-installing the newer driver version, that specific update can be disabled.
Use the following steps to disable a specific update.
Either uninstall the driver and install the working version or rollback the driver.
To uninstall the driver, in Windows search for and open Device Manager. Look for the faulty driver, right-click, and select Uninstall. Reinstall the working driver version.
To rollback the driver, in Windows search for and open Device Manager. Look for the faulty driver, right-click, and select Rollback Driver.
Download Microsoft's Show or Hide updates tool.
Run the tool and wait while it scans for updates to be installed on the computer.
Choose Hide Updates.
A list of updates displays. Select the faulty driver in the list.
The driver version will no longer be installed automatically by Windows Updates.

Refer this article to know more information about Windows Update.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.