Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2600 All in One Printer Scanner
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the above printer about 18 months ago.  I don't print a lot of things but I like to have a printer.

I'm using HP ink cartridges.

There is ink available in both cartridges.

In the past few weeks every time I try and print something the job flashes up in the print window and disappears without printing.

If I overinstall the print driver it might print the job, but the next time I come to use it, even the same day, it won't print again.

Tonight I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled.  HP software says the printer is connected (by usb).  But nothing will print.  The print queue window again shows the job for a couple of seconds and then it disappears and nothing prints.

I've tried changing usb slots, it doesn't make any difference.

I'm really disappointed because I could do without buying yet another printer so close to Xmas.   I don't feel I'll bother with HP again, this is the third HP printer I've had and the last two have both failed in a very short time compared with the original HP printer I had.  It's okay them only costing £40 but I don't expect to buy a new one every 18 months. 

Does anyone have any suggestions before I give up and throw the printer out?

I am using Windows 10 64 bit with all available updates.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found this

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Connected-Mobile-Printing-and-Cloud-Printing/HP-DeskJet-2600-All-in...

and went through all the stages recommended to uninstall everything and after reinstalling the basic driver I have got something to print.  

Whether this will still work next time I switch the pc on will be the test.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.