Patrice_3303
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6700 won't print text

HP Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I use a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 10 connected wireless to an HP 6700 Premium. Suddenly, the printer won't print text. It will print images. All colors work for images. No colors work for text. If I print a document with a table, for instance, the tables lines will print but the text in the cells won't print. I reloaded the printer driver but still no success. Help please!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,004 20,957 1,760 2,839
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6700 won't print text

@Patrice_3303

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the HP 6700 won't print text, however, it prints images,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to identify the issue?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems.

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features: 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click here to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MJB13
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6700 won't print text

I have done everything I have found online, hard reset, installed and ran hp print and scan, ran troubleshooting in windows 10, deleted software and driver and reinstalled, nothing is fixing the problem.  Please help.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation