Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6835
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Are there any known workarounds for getting a functional driver for this product? I have a perfectly good Macbook operating on 10.6.8 but there are no available downloads for this OS.

I just bought this item, primarily for the print/copy/fax functions but am needing to scan something today. Will this item scan wirelessly to my iPad? Is there an app for that function?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to return this product that I just bought just to go find another brand that will allow me to use it for the intended purpose.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @DunnBram,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you would like to use your HP Officejet 6835 with your Mac running the 10.6 Operating system.  Because there are no full feature software and drivers to download you will need to install using the Apple Updates, I was able to check the Supported printers list and it looks like it should work for you. To get a better understanding take a look here:

Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Here is the Download for the Printer Driver v 3.0:

HP Printer Drivers v3.0 for OS X

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @DunnBram,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you would like to use your HP Officejet 6835 with your Mac running the 10.6 Operating system.  Because there are no full feature software and drivers to download you will need to install using the Apple Updates, I was able to check the Supported printers list and it looks like it should work for you. To get a better understanding take a look here:

Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

Here is the Download for the Printer Driver v 3.0:

HP Printer Drivers v3.0 for OS X

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I should have done a little more research before posting. With everything being wireless these days, I simply connected to my network and it showed up in available printers. Crisis averted.

Have a good one!
HP Recommended

Is there a work around for HP ENVY 7645 Driver and Mac OS X 10.6.8?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey @wche80439,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with connecting your Envy 7645 e-All-in-One Printer to your Mac OSX 10.6.8 machine. The printer is not supported on that version of the Macintosh operating system. To use the printer on that Mac, you would need to upgrade to at least Mac 10.7

Please let me know if this resolves your issues or answers your question. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.