Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP photosmart 7350
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Looking for HP 7350 photosmart driver for windows 7. I went to your HP driver download and there were no drivers. The site suggested using a HP 5550 driver. I downloaded upd-pcl6-x64-6.8.0.24296.exe but that driver does not find my photosmart 7350 usb.

any suggestions?

Wild_Rice
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Hp UPD driver have nothing to do with your printer, it is intended for printers who use the PCL6 print language, your printer uses PCL3.

Be sure to follow the steps listed in the document included in my post, if there is no plug & play connectivity when connecting the USB cable, try plugging it to another port at the back of the PC.

If it still doesn’t detect it, try using a new USB cable and check.

Be sure to plug the cable directly, without any USB hub or extension, and use a cable not longer than 1.8 meters long.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow below steps to install an alternate driver, by using an HP Deskjet 5550 driver for your printer:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796821

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Shlomi,

Thanks but that is the driver I'd tried to install (upd-pcl6-x64-6.8.0.24296.exe)

• I tried installing it as a traditional LPT port but then selected USB.
  • I tried installing it as a virtual USB port

Neither install with the above software worked. The 7350 showed "disconnected".

Wild_Rice
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Hp UPD driver have nothing to do with your printer, it is intended for printers who use the PCL6 print language, your printer uses PCL3.

Be sure to follow the steps listed in the document included in my post, if there is no plug & play connectivity when connecting the USB cable, try plugging it to another port at the back of the PC.

If it still doesn’t detect it, try using a new USB cable and check.

Be sure to plug the cable directly, without any USB hub or extension, and use a cable not longer than 1.8 meters long.

HP Recommended

It looks like it was the cable. I swapped cables, plug and play did not appear but I was able to manually add a printer. 7350 was not on the win7 list but 7200 was so I selected it. The 7350 responded to this driver.

Wild_Rice
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.