Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP Photosmart 7520 is turned on and successfully connected to my home wifi.  However, the printer is only showing up locally when my laptop is docked and I'm connected via USB.  Any time I try to print directly via the network connection, the printer doesn't show up. 

When I first installed it, I had an option for "HP Photsmart 7520 (Network)" and could print from anywhwere in the house.  Now, that option is unavailable. 

Thoughts???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to fix this problem by resetting my modem/router.  Problem solved!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I should clarify by saying........I have the driver software installed, the printer is turned on, and the printer is showing connected to the network.  When I try to add the printer wirelessly with my laptop, it says the printer cannot be found.

Any help on this is VERY much appreciated.

HP Recommended

I was able to fix this problem by resetting my modem/router.  Problem solved!!!

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. When you said reset your router...did you just unplug or did you do a total reset. I know nothing about wireless stuff but it seems your problem was the same as i am having and it's so frustrating. Mine was after an update to the computer (but not the printer)

HP Recommended

I just did a typical reboot........unplug, wait 60 seconds, plug back in.  Fixed my problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.