10-11-2017 03:16 PM
I am trying to set up a HP 8610 color printer for a user and the printer will only print in Black and white it will not print in color. I took the printer to another computer and it prints in color with out an issue.
Because of the location desired by the user I have a 30 ft USB cable and I tried both cable and printer at a different location with no issue. Printer did a print test page perfectly.
When we did a troulbe shoot page for printer we got an error USB composite device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3. We changed to differnt USB locations same error.
10-12-2017 06:43 PM
Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance with the printer not printing in color. I will be really glad to assist you here.
Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. )
- Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software?
For please try these steps:
copies fine, then uninstall and reinstall the printer software by following these steps:
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right-click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
- Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver http://hp.care/2fSRXXB and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
- This should do the trick for you.
Please try multiple USB cables and a shorter USB cable as data transfers between the printer and the computer may not happen correctly on a 30 Ft USB cable. (if it is that long as per your post)
If the problem continues try installing the window built in drivers by following instructions from this link: http://hp.care/2o3acvH and check if it gets resolved.
For further assistance try the steps mentioned in this link: http://hp.care/2wS22aM to set up the printer using a USB connection.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead.
I am an HP Employee