Level 1
9 5 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 8600 Pro IDriver Installation fails in Windows 10

HP Officejet 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Downloaded the driver software for the HP 8600 Officejet Pro, but the software cannot find the printer, whether connected by USB or Wired ethernet. The printer is seen on the network, and its web interface works fine, but Windows can't talk to it!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
DoctorG15
Level 1
9 5 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The issue turned out to be a problem with Windows 10. After running three troubleshooters, Windows was finally able to see the printer, and running the HP driver package was successful. The newer HP printer interface has good functionality, but scanning now requires an extra step, and the app wants to open UInternet Explorer, even though Firefox is my default browser. Now can someone tell me how to run the application in a browser other than Internet Expliorer?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,080 21,034 1,769 2,846
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DoctorG15

Thank you for choosing the HP Support Forums, a community energized by solutions, as we are eager to help resolve your concerns,

I am Riddle_Decipher and I'm at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

You should be able to download and install the full feature software/driver from any browser, though HP Recommends using the IE for most tasks as it's rather compatible, 

Perhaps, you could include a video or an image of what you are trying to open in firefox but automatically moves to IE?

Also, are you installing the full feature software or the basic drivers, I suggest using the former, here's the link to your printer model: Click here to download (if only basic drivers were installed)

Click here to understand all you need to know about - How to scan on windows.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation