Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

Yes the printer justs hangs when looking for during the wizard setup process. As I have said there is no IP address indicated on the panel as "no connection"

Unless there is a full reset which is mentioned a few times on Google searches but no idea how to do that, it will be one soon for the tip!!

Regards

John

HP Recommended

Hi  John,

You have tried the Semi-Full reset procedure, that already resets the printer.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

@greenturtle

Thanks for trying.

Appreciate your time and effort, friend!

@woodlands16

If you like (can do so), consider trying the Ethernet connection between the printer and your router.

If we have anything else to offer, we will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Hi tried with ethernet cable and works fine.
Regards John
HP Recommended

Hi @woodlands16,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

@woodlands16

Good to hear that while not perfect, the Ethernet cable resolved the issue.

If you really need that Wireless option, you may decide to have the printer serviced -- or start looking for a replacement.   Wireless module replacement is not terribly expensive -- IF that is all that is wrong.  A  licensed printer technician at a local repair house could provide a cost estimate.

Good luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Why does this show as resolved??? Pluging in a ethernet cable was not the solution, it supposed to be a Wireless capable printer and if this does not work there is a problem!

This has been a problem with my 8610 too and seams to be a regular problem for this model. I for one will not be buying another HP printer.

HP Recommended

Hello, I am having the same issue and thought I would reply to your response to see if I can get any help with this. We recently had issues with our internet (something to do with the provider, not us). Once everything was fixed the printer could not pick up on the wifi. I tried hooking it up to our hotspot which it did recognize and successfully connect to. 

I have done the following:

reset the router, multiple times, by reset button and also by unhooking all cables

turned off and on printer, unhooked all cables and reset to factory settings, multiple times

I appreciate any help you can offer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.