Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have just setup my HP 8710 after moving. It is setup wirelessly and two laptops and 4 cell phones can print using it. However, my desktop which is connected wirelessly to my router cannot print. I have tried root level removal of the installed drivers and software. I've tried registry changes and windows32 spool folder renaming. The printer will not print it just gives an error immediately after the document is sent to the spool. I have factory reset the printer and tried turning off IPV6 and it still does the same thing. When I try to print a document from the HP Smart app it says "your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e and hangs on the preview screen. I installed the basic driver package and the complete driver package. I setup the printer using usb on the desktop and then let it connect wirelessly and the same error happens after anything gets sent to the spool. I am at a loss. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I changed the port from WSD to tcp/ip. Not sure why the WSD port didn't work but the printer is working now.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.