06-03-2020 01:14 PM - edited 06-03-2020 01:17 PM
Please, I have installed a HP 8720 printer and used without problems during the last 8 months. I don´t know if some Windows 10 update or other issue happend that stop my printer. If I look to the devices in control panel, I can see the printer but with status "Driver Unavailable". I tried several times to uninstall all softwares components, drivers, etc and reinstall it, but without success.
Please, can you give me some advise here ?
06-07-2020 02:39 PM
@Piccolo18 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to install the printer drivers.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
Please perform the Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2. Select your HP Printer
3. Select Uninstall
4. In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5. In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6. Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8. Click on the “Drivers” tab
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10. Select Ok
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12. Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
06-10-2020 12:17 PM
Tthanks for your message and guidance here.
I executed the procedure and followed all required steps based on your suggestion, but at the end, the sintom is the same. All stuffs are installed without errors: Printer, Spool, etc but the Printer object is not visible by the windows applications like word, powerpoint, If you look in Printer object in details, you will found a STATUS: Driver Unavailable.
Please, let me know how can I move forward,
06-12-2020 10:18 AM
I understand your concerns.
I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help
Have a nice day!!