Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I had encountered exactly the same error at CalCool1999, it was in April 2017. (Ref: "HP C410a display "stuck" at QUICK FORMS, will not return to Home Screen.  Will not respond to pushing "start copy" or any other buttons on the machine EXCEPT those used to browse and choose Quick Form options."

I had been able to solve the problem, by doing a particular type of reset. After that reset, I had to reinstall the device, I mean, reconfigure it on the home network, and the users had to create it again as a new printer on their PCs. They had to delete the old instance of the same printer.

By the way, note: when the display says "There was a problem connecting to the server", this is related to the fact that this model is not supported any more at HP ePrint for printing via the Internet. Not a very understandable error message though.

Like CalCool1999 said, while the front panel buttons doesn't work any more because the menu screen is stuck in a loop, the printer still works over the (wireless) network, and even the web config pages are accessible. But initiating a copy or a scan is not possible via the front panel.

The problem (display "stuck" at quick forms) happened once again some days ago. I don't know what triggers it.

But, I cannot find the reset instructions any more. There are I believe a few differnt levels of reset, and I had to try the lightest one first, then a next level etc.

Here is my qution: Can anyone or HP Support help me finding the various levels of reset for this HP C410a Photosmart Premium whcih I'd need to go through to reset, then reconfigure the printer?

Thanks all,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @pleye – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that your printer is stuck on the quick form screen and you are looking for the reset option.

I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Let me know how that goes!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello, @pleye – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that your printer is stuck on the quick form screen and you are looking for the reset option.

I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Let me know how that goes!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Pleye,

1. Please put the printer in standalone mode. Check whether the same issue occurs.

2. Please try these resets by going to the secondary service menu,

Steps to enter the secondary service menu:

Please toch on Home,Back,Home,Home

a. Service menu

b. Partial reset and Semi-full reset

c. Restart the printer.

3. Update the firmware.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

HP Recommended

Hi all,

So our HP c410a printer is able to scan to the local PCs again. In other words, after the reset to factory default, and reconfiguring the printer like a new one, it all works again.

Since it appears to be HP's policy to not publich the details in this support blog, of how to do a reset to factory-default config, but send those details in a private message instead, I will also not copy those details here unfortunately.

I recommend you keep an eye on where the installation after the reset will ask to to enable web services. Make sure you do not enable web services initially.

I suggest to re-enable web services (this is what allows you to print via sending an e-mail to a particular hp email address), only after you see everything is working, and after you performed a firmware update as described below.

So, to update the firmware of the printer after the factory default reset:

- press Configuration (wrench icon button)

- select Preferences

- select Product Updates

- accept the update; you will see:

"Please wait"

"Updating..." (a LED started flashing above the card reader) and the printer restarts

HP Recommended

Hello Mohith97, I was able to reset the printer, and then after recconfiguring the printer (only, so not the PCs) the front menu was working again, so scanning was possible again, and printing too.

Note, that the users need to remove the existing instance of the printer, and add the same printer again. Not sure if that's the case for everyone, but that's what happened to us.

So, I was not able to test your suggested reset method, and cannot confirm if it would have helped.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions though.

HP Recommended

Can you please message me with same information, I am computer illiterate so if yiu can help me out that would be great HP Photosmart C410 All in one series , scren is stuck in Quick Forms

Thanks

Buzz351

HP Recommended

Please send me the message on how to reset to the factory default on my HP C410A printer.  It is permanently stuck in the forms menu.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

I see the solution to this HP will not print in the blogs but sents a private message as how to fix the HP C410a when it is "stuck" at quick forms. Can I or where can I get this info? (I think they are suggesting a factory reset)

HP Recommended

Hi

can i get the instructions for reset please?

my printer display is stuck on quickforms.

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.