Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i've tried to use my printer with a usb connection, but it doesnt work, it detects, but does not want to register when i open hp software. then i tried using local network connection, again, problem accour. i've tried to remove and readding the printer, i've follow the instruction in the software, nothing happen, i hope this can be fixed, thank you

Error.png

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have to install printer software and drivers first. Please download the following package and install to your computer

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/dj3630/DJ3630__Full_WebPack_1107.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have reinstalled Windows 10 3 times now to fix this issue and nothing works.

I have a HP Deskjet 3630 printer and downloaded the webpack and the basic driver from HP website for it.

The printer shows as driver not available EVENM after I install those and it kereps saying Connection Unsuccesful.

This has never happened before and only happened after I reinstalled Windows.

PLEASE HELP!

HP Recommended

Hello, @scorpgul

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

If the issue persists, then I’d suggest you perform a clean install to try and fix the issue:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control Panel – Devices and Printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://hp.care/2oGKd9y to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Followed the instructions and nothing. DRIVER IS UNAVAILABLE

HP Recommended

Greetings @radoales

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that facing an issue where you are unable to install the printer on your Windows 10 computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you able to make a copy on the printer? (This would let us know that the printer is working fine.)

The full feature software for your computer is available for your printer on HP website

Request you follow the exact procedure mentioned below to uninstall the printer software and settings completely, restart your computer and install the full feature software from HP website and configure the printer over USB. 

Once the printer is working fine with USB, refer to this HP Article and convert the USB setup to wireless. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Once the printer is working fine with USB, refer to this HP Article and convert the USB setup to wireless. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

have the same Problem , with this printer--> Driver unavailable

on mac is working fine on WIN 10 impossible to install anymore although it did work 3 monts ago.

reinstalled 2 times windows 10 2 and installed printers  driverrs again , it still says driver unavailable, USB and WIFi nothing works i get a red cross on the connection during instalation

printer is fine i can scan from windows so the connection is ok, but i can not print and can not install it

it is clear  a problem with the driver and nobody updates it to solve the issue

If i look at the driver of the printer is from 2006 .... i just installed the latest version from 2017...

I find HP support could be better

HP Recommended

I have follow all those steps but my pc do not have the device driver and it cannot install. mine is windows 7 pro.

HP Recommended

after trying everything  that was written here an elsewhere....i found out it is the windows 10 security update that blocks the printer driver , after uninstalling the last security driver printer works again. this issue needs to be fixed either from windows or from hp driver devellopers....

HP Recommended

here also the update that causes problems , it seems a policy blocks NT 4.0 drivers

Capture4.JPG

Capture6.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.