Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet F4180
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good afternoon. I print quite rarely. The cartridges are all right, they are new. The problem has always been, but now has become permanent. Even a test sheet has stopped printing. But at the same time, when printing a page from the Internet, a text with a title was printed, but the picture did not. Driver Version 6.1.7600.16385. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Rusich, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check the ink levels in both the ink cartridges

1. Open HP Solution Center.

2. Click Settings.

3. Click Print Settings.

4. Click Printer Toolbox.

Run the automatic utility to clean the ink cartridges

Refer to step three mentioned in this document.

Print a self-test page

1. Press and hold the Cancel () button and then press the Start Copy Color () button.

2. Release both buttons. The self-test page prints.

3. Check the print quality.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good afternoon, Kumar. Thank you for responding.
Everything is in order with ink, because when copying and printing on a printer autonomously, everything is fine. The problem is only when printing from a computer.
Your advice did not help.

HP Recommended

@Rusich

Thank you for the response. If the issue is only while printing from the PC, this could be a possible driver issue.

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Installing the printer using Windows built-in driver may help to resolve this issue.

Refer to this document to know how to install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good afternoon. PDF printing through googl takes place in excellent quality. Word does not print. WEB, pale but typing. The diagnostician started it, all the checkmarks are green, the test page is blank. Overwritten the driver. Now, from Word, the text prints well, but if you need to print a picture, only part is printed and not clearly. Perhaps there are some settings for downloading pictures? I only need black and white printing.

HP Recommended

@Rusich

To know how to print in black only, refer to the steps mentioned in this document. Try downloading the pictures to the PC and then print.

You may check the ink levels in both the ink cartridges and run the cartridge cleaning process again- 2nd level of cleaning and check if the print quality improves.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank. Now you can see both pictures and text

HP Recommended

@Rusich

Are you able to print fine now? 

Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.