Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have downloaded and installed the HP Full Feature Software for my printer at least three times and yet it will not let me scan when using PaintShop Pro 2019.  I used to use PSP9 for years with an Epson printer and never had problems scanning.  And the scanning option is the main reason I bought the new PSP2019 software.  So I re-installed the PSP9 software since it always worked before and now I'm getting the same error messages from both pieces of software.  That tells me that the error is coming from something in the HP printer not being installed correctly.

I have not upgraded Windows for a couple of years and PSP9 was working fine back then.

If I try to scan in PSP2019 or PSP9 using the Scanner or Camera, I get the message that there are no WIA Device Drivers installed.  Yet when I look in services.msc the WIA drivers are running.  I stopped it and restarted it and rebooted and still get the same messages.  

Then I tried scanning using the Twain Acquire option in PSP2019 and PSP9 and they both say there are no scanners installed.

When I go into Print and Scan Doctor it says the Scanner software is not installed and asks if I want the Installer.  I say Yes and it acts like it installs it but I still get the same error messages.  If I run the Print/Scan Doctor again, it says the Scanner software is not installed.  See screen prints below for the messages I get.  I did this install thing twice and that is enough.  It take almost two hours to download whatever it is downloading because of my slow internet connection.  If it is downloading the Full Feature Driver software called DJ2540_188.exe, I've got four or five copies of that from various downloads trying to get this problem fixed.  So I don't want to download it again because of how long it takes.

Where can I get some scan software that will actually install?  I really need my scanner.  Thanks for your help.

Full Feature software not installedFull Feature software not installed

Does NOT find Scanner SoftwareDoes NOT find Scanner Software

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.