Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got windows 8 on my laptop and am trying to load the drivers and am running into roadblocks.  It is not showing drivers for windows 8 and when I try using windows 7, it says wrong operating system.  This is a pretty new printer/fax/scanner and I really

like to still use it.  Can anyone help me please?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there. Which version of Windows 7 are you using, 64 bit or 32 bit? I have attached both links below since I did not know which version you are using:

Windows 7 32 bit -- HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Window 7 64 bit -- HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Hope this helps!

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
HP Recommended

Hey there. Which version of Windows 7 are you using, 64 bit or 32 bit? I have attached both links below since I did not know which version you are using:

Windows 7 32 bit -- HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Window 7 64 bit -- HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Hope this helps!

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ok, I've had this printer for a little over a year now and was attempting to reinstall in on my laptop after I returned from overseas but now every time I try I get an installation failed message. I've gone through everything I've been able to find on the website from changing the startup processes in msconfig to downloading the troubleshooters that are available here, but still can't figure out why it won't install correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Are you using Win 8 or Win 7? If you on Win 7 give this document a shot: 'Device Driver Software Was Not Successfully Installed' Message Displays in Windows 7 When Installin...

Let me know how this works!

-SeanS

HP Recommended

I installed Windows 8 beta - and my printer no longer works wirelessly.  HELP!!!  I have tried EVERYTHING!!!

HP Recommended

I installed Windows 8 Beta on my laptop. I could not install the printersoftware.

I can use basic printing functions as the Windows drivers support that by default. However I cannot scan documents/pictures.

When do you have an updated version ready that supports Windows 8 ??

HP Recommended

Hi Fastin8me,

HP won't have any drivers available for download until Windows 8 actually releases, which is planned for October 26th. Until then, take a look at this page: www.hp.com/go/windows8. It is your one-stop-shop for all things relating to Windows 8 from HP. At the bottom of the page, there's a link to a list of HP Printers that will be supported in Windows 8 (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03168175). Looks like your printer will have a full feature driver available from HP, and when the time comes, you can download it from this page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4066452&task=...

I hope that helps! Smiley Happy

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

we need driver for window 8

HP Recommended

Hello,

I bought an  HP deskjet 3050 all-in-one about 4 months ago and a couple weeks ago I bought a laptop. They are incompatible as the laptop uses Windows 8. Can anyone please help. Windows 8 has already been launched and there are no supporting drivers available. Thank you.

HP Recommended
Hello all

Below is a link to the Full Feature Software for the Deskjet 3050 J610 for Windows 8.
HP Deskjet 3050 Full Feature Software and Drivers

If you have any problems installing the driver please post the exact error you receive and how the printer is connected. Also include if you are using Windows 8 or Windows 8 RT (tablet).
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.